Wednesday, October 17, 2012

We are learning...

I have not been very good at keeping up with blog posts..but I'm trying.  Thankfully we have made some progress and are now settled in our house.  We live in a quaint little town on the outskirts of Vicenza, and our front porch faces a beautiful view of the Alps (on a clear day).  Behind us is a nice corn field that was just recently harvested and now being prepped to plant for the next season.  Thankfully, it is starting to feel a little more like home here.  Kendall has started back to work and the girls and I are getting into our own routine, and have made some wonderful new friends to share our time with.  We have enrolled Madelynn in the local Asillo, where she will hopefully be going to pre-school soon.  The students and most all teachers speak only Italian, so we are a little nervous about her getting started, but So so excited for her to learn the language and become more comfortable with the culture.  We do know that our neighbors daughter will be in the same class as Madelynn, so even though they really can't "talk" together yet, they will be able to play together.

We are slowly learning the area, but let me back up a bit and catch up on some pictures.....

We stayed in Ederle Inn for 4 weeks, which from what I hear is really stinking short.  Lots of people stay anywhere from 6 weeks - 3 months.  So what did we do while living in a hotel????
...watch TV of coarse....
 ...and make forts

 .....play in the wardrobe/toy box
 ....have snack time
 ....sleep   (Madelynn's bed)
 ...wake up Sissy


You could say Family Bonding at its best!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I"m so glad you started a blog! Love reading about your experiences but sure miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete