Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Home Sweet Home

What they don't warn you about when moving overseas is how crazy the house hunting process is...along with every other detail with the move.  Upon first arriving to the area, you don't have a vehicle to go look for houses so you can either walk or wait for the housing office to provide you an interpreter to drive you.  You are allowed only 5 trips with an interpreter and hope and pray you will find your home in one of those trips.  Upon finding a house there are multiple steps and details that follow, and if you are lucky....3 weeks later you Might be in your house.    So here it is....... before our furniture arrived. 

The kitchen

 Front view from 2nd floor terrace.

 Bedroom 1

 Cornfield behind our house...had just been harvested.

 I guess you could say 3rd floor room.  The ceiling is short, and entrance (where Madelynn is) is only about 4 ft. x 4 ft. (the rest is a glass wall), so now it is the girls play room. (Perfect for me because I can't see the toys from below.  Thumbs up!!!)

Laundry

This may be totally gross, but the girls have discovered how conveniently sized the bidet is as a sink for them.  *Note: I have thoroughly sanitized the bidets in the house.*

Front fence and pedestrian gate

Front patio


My only hydrangea on the whole bush that bloomed...
We are So very thankful to finally be in our house.  Maybe soon I will get pics up with everything decorated.

No comments:

Post a Comment